Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Reading, Tom Hanks, Netflix, Lost, and Lynlee


"Eat Pray Love" is what I am reading right now. The jury is still out on whether I like it or not. I am only on page 60 so I've just barely started. Anyone read it? Opinions?








Jason and I decided the other day that we were going to pick an actor/actress and watch every movie they've ever been in. I picked the first one, Tom Hanks. I picked him because typically, he's such a likable character. Probably ones of my favorites is "You've Got Mail". I just love that movie. After I picked him I realized that this was an easy one to start with because we've already seen over half of the movies he's been in! So we are probably just going to have to watch a bunch of stinkers to get through the list, but that's OK! I am hoping to find gems along the way! I am keeping our progress of the movie watching in our sidebar. Check it out!







Also in order to find some of these no name movies we joined Netflix. I pay $5.49 (with tax) a month and we get 1 movie at a time and we get 2 a month. Which is probably all we have time to watch right now, with us trying to catch up on old Lost seasons at the same time!! (We are crazy, we watched the 4th season first and now we are going back. It's actually been a fun way to watch knowing everything that we know! You too can catch up and watch them for free at http://www.abc.com/!)







And just for fun!!

4 comments:

annalee said...

i love that idea! tom hanks is a great one to start with too. we really like band of brothers. i forgot he was in some episodes.

as for the book, i read eat,pray,love last spring. i was really glad i read it. the eat section is definitely my favorite. the whole book brought up a lot of thoughts and made me go back and study/pray to God about why i believe what i do. i hope you enjoy it.

annalee said...

sorry i wasn't done yet... i definitely wouldn't say i agree with her on everything but i still thought the book was so good.
and as for that bathing beauty, she is adorable!

Deanna said...

Jacquie! We are so alike. I LOVE Sonic, LOST and Tom Hanks! He is my favorite actor! Glad yall are having fun. Lynlee is just so cute!

Miss G said...

I didn't know you are a YGM fan! I LOVE that movie! It was the only movie I owned until just about a year ago. AND I had it on dvd and VHS! I love to quote it, watch it and have even been to many of the places where it was filmed on trips to NYC. Ahh bliss! I'm so glad to know this about you, friend! Maybe we could do some sort of YGM blogging series at some point. :) Kelly