Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Quilts

When I found out I was pregnant with both of my girls I immediately started dreaming about what their rooms would look like.

My sister-in-law's and mother-in-law graciously offered to make the bedding so after hours of searching for just the right fabric I found something I loved and we got busy.

For both girls we decided to make them a quilt that they could use and carry around and wear out, etc. I chose a picture on wanted on it and we appliqued these pictures on the quilt squares and then they put it together. To make this project even more fun we passed out these quilt squares to all the family members so the quilts would have a little bit of everyone in them. So both of the girls have a quilt that their mom, Gran, Grammie, Aunt Katie, Grammie Weese, Aunt Ria, Aunt Becky, Aunt KK and "Aunt" Mindy helped put together with love.

This is me opening the quilt for Lynlee at my family shower.




And then opening Kyndall's quilt.


I obviously chose flowers for Lynlee's and paisley's for Kyndall's. So when I found out my sweet friend "Aunt" Mindy was pregnant, I decided I wanted to do the same for her.

I knew her bedding had these adorable turtles on it so I just found that same turtle online and printed it out in the size I wanted and cut the pieces and an appliquing I went. Since I was doing all the squares myself I decided to do every other square a turtle and the other ones a cute blue and brown fabric to coordinate.

And here is the final product...



This is the first time I have done anything like this by myself. My sister in law did help a little with the putting it together part. I did sew it all myself though :).

On to my next project...



post signature

2 comments:

mindy said...

YAY for a blog update and a very special one, indeed!!! It was an honor to be a part of making your sweet girls' quilts!! I am proud to be their "aunt"!!! Then, what a special surprise to have an absolutely precious quilt handmade by you and your sweet Lynlee with love for Carson!!! We love it!!! He lays on it everyday!! It's perfect for tummy time since it's so soft and fluffy!! It's also a sweet reminder of a dear friendship everyday:) Thanks so much for the time and love you put into Carson's cute quilt!!! We love you, and we're thankful for your friendship!!

Mary said...

The quilt is so precious. There is no greater gift than one that is handmade. I know you put many hours into it! (with Lynlee's help of course)